19th century bibliographical and literary references for William Baldwin, 16th century English author.
- Joseph Ritson (1802) Bibliographia Poetica : A Catalogue of Engleish Poets, of the Twelfth, Thirteenth, Fourteenth, Fifteenth, and Sixteenth, Centurys, with a short account of their works, p.118 & pp.121-123.
- Joseph Ames, William Herbert, Rev. Thomas Dibdin (1816) Typographical Antiquities : or The History of Printing in England Scotland and Ireland : containing Memoirs of our Ancient Printers, and a Register of the Books Printed by Them. Chapters on Edward Whitchurch and William Baldwin, Vol III, pp. 481-506.
- John Payne Collier (1831) The History of English Dramatic Poetry (1831) Vol 1, pp.149-156, with additional notes & corrections pp.xx-xxi.
- John Payne Collier (1848 & 1849) edited & with notes, references to the works of William Baldwin between the years 1557 and 1587, from the Registers of The Stationers' Company of Works.
- William Carew Hazlitt. (1867) Hand-Book to the Popular, Poetical, and Dramatic Literature of Great Britain, From the Invention of Printing to the Restoration, part I, pp.22-23, & part VII, pp.396-397.
Ibid. (1876) Collections and Notes 1867-1876, p.24.
Ibid. (1887) Third and Final Series of Bibliographical Collections and Notes on Early English Literature 1474-1700, p.12.
- John Payne Collier (1879) 'Annals of the Stage, during the reigns of Edward VI and Mary' from The History of English Dramatic Poetry revised edition, Vol 1, pp. 136-165.
- A. H. Bullen (1885) entry in Dictionary of National Biography, Vol.3, pp.38–39.